Galena, IL, Upcoming Events
There’s always something happening in Galena Country. Our year-round vacation destination holds rich beauty, offers regionally inspired cuisine, and serves as the scenic backdrop for many Galena, IL, upcoming events. Each of these annual festivals provides a glimpse into the local culture of our vibrant, historic community.
No matter what time of year you visit Galena, you’ll find a wide variety of annual celebrations to attend during your getaway to Farmers Guest House!
Galena events are just some of the best ways to experience our area to the fullest. Discover more of what our gem in Illinois has to offer when you request access to our free Vacation Guide. It’s as though you’ve got a virtual tour guide in the palm of your hand— get yours today!
Galena, IL, Upcoming Events & Annual Festivals
Attending major Galena events is the perfect way to experience the best things in our area. Check out our list of the best festivals and events in Galena below. Then, start planning your visit to attend your favorite!
Summer Events in Galena
Warm weather, clear blue skies, a wide variety of romantic things to do, and fantastic events compose the summertime in Galena. In fact, many visitors prefer this time of year for its temperate nature.
- Great Galena Balloon Race | June
- Galena Brew Fest | July
- Antique Town Rods Run & Car Show | July
- Independence Day Parade | July
- Shenandoah Pro Rodeo | July
- Corkless in Galena | August
- Market House Square Arts Festival | August
- Midwest Garlic Fest | August
In addition to the fabulous cuisine, live music, and wonderful shops, Galena, is steeped in rich history. With the fall foliage artfully decorating our landscape, it’s the perfect time for sightseeing and touring.
Enjoy both our history and the hues of autumn on the Tour of Historic Galena Homes. Since Galena, IL, is filled with dozens of historic buildings and homes, this event affords you to see the well-preserved examples of 19th-century American craftsmanship of the Historic District. You may even get to tour the insides of many of these beautiful establishments.
Simply can’t get enough of Galena in autumn? Here are other favorite events to attend!
- Galena Cellars Fall Harvest Festival | September
- Ladies Getaway Weekend | September
- Tour of Historic Homes | September
- Galena Oktoberfest | October
- The Galena Halloween Parade | October
- Galena Country Fair | October
Winter Events in Galena
Decorated with soft snowfall and colder temperatures, winter in Galena is simply magical. With a collection of Yuletide and outdoor-oriented events, it’s no wonder people travel from all over to experience our beloved community.
With our Winter Weather Guarantee, if you have to cancel travel plans due to wintry weather, you can rest assured that you will not be charged for your reservation.
Here are some Galena events that happen in the winter!
- Galena Nouveau Wine Weekend | November
- Festival of Trees | November
- Thanksgiving at the Farmers Guest House | November
- Night of the Luminaria & Living Windows | December
- Mistletoe Stroll Holiday House Tour | December
- Holiday Fire in the Sky | December
- Generals Christmas Ball | December
- Bonfire on the Bluff | January
- The Galena LitFest | January
- Galena Whiskey Weekend | January
- The Big Nut Open at Chestnut Mountain | February
- Winter Carnival Weekend | February
Spring Events in Galena
When the blossoms begin to bloom and the snow melts away, you’ll quickly realize that spring in Galena is divine. Enjoy the flourishing green spaces, pastel colors popping up across the landscape, and the beautiful, crisp weather.
If you’ll be making the trip from March to May, here’s a sample of events to enjoy!
- Wine Lovers Weekend at Turner Hall | March
- Galena Goes 50s | March
- Galena Mardi Gras Celebration | March
- Galena St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Shimy and Parade | March
- General Grant’s Homefront Reenactment in Grant Park | April
- Galena River Trail Run | May
Relax at the Best B&B in Galena
Attending these Galena events is just one great way to discover everything our area has to offer. You can also go on a ghost tour, attend a concert, or learn to make pottery.
The list of things to do in Galena is long, and we guarantee you’ll have no trouble discovering the perfect entertainment option for you.
And when you’re looking for a great place to call home during your visit to Galena, make your reservations at the Farmers Guest House! Our award-winning bed and breakfast features nine well-appointed, tastefully decorated guest rooms, private outdoor patios and gardens, and a unique history that dates back to 1867.